1. Client has severe sunburn on his upper body and arms. He wants a Tattoo on his calf.
A. Wait until the sunburn heals
B. Refer him to a dermatologist
C. Do the Tattoo
2. The following items are single use:
A. Tattoo needles, tattoo inks, tattoo tubes, razors, tongue depressors, and alcohol swabs.
B. Piercing needles, jewelry, clamps, ointments, bandages, ink caps, rinse cups, and stencils.
C. Rinse cups, ink caps, tongue depressors, ointments, stencils, razors, tattoo needles and piercing needles.
3. The following information is required on the Sterilization Voucher:
A. Batch #, type of sterilization used, number, and type of instruments, heat or chemical indicator
B. Date, number and type of equipment, name of operator, heat or chemical indicator.
C. Date, Batch #, number and type of instruments, name of operator, heat or chemical indicator
4. The correct procedure for taking a phone call during a tattoo or Piercing is:
A. Make sure that the phone has a single-use plastic cover, and then answer the phone.
B. Secure the procedure, remove gloves, wash hands, and answer the phone, wash hands, re-glove, and resume the procedure.
C. Secure the procedure, remove gloves, answer the phone, re-glove, and resume the procedure.
D. Remove gloves, answer the phone, be brief, re-glove, and resume the procedure.
5. Sterilized items properly packaged and stored will no longer be considered sterile after
A. One month
B. 2 weeks
C. 60 days
D. 30 days
6. Smoking is not permitted in the Tattoo, or Piercing Areas, but chewing or dipping is.
7. Re-useable Tattoo, and Piercing implements in the Benzal trays are to be cleaned:
A. Every 72 hours, or as often as necessary
B. Every 48 hours, or as often as necessary
C. Every 24 hours, or as often as necessary
D. Once a week
8. A disinfectant is
A. An agent that kills disease causing micro-organisms on human skin, or mucosa
B. An agent for inhibiting infections in the oral cavity
C. An agent for killing disease causing organisms on inanimate objects, or hard surfaces.
D. A solution for soaking re-usable instruments prior to sterilization
9. Minors under 18 years old can be tattooed under the following conditions:
A. With a notarized letter of consent from their parent, or Legal Guardian
B. To fix a previously done tattoo with the Parent or Legal Guardian being physically present at the time of the procedure.
C. To cover-up a badly done tattoo with the Parent, or Legal Guardian present at the time of the procedure.
D. To cover-up drug, gang-related, or obscene tattoos that the Parent or Legal Guardian, and the Juvenile Court deem would be in the best interests of the Minor Child to cover-up. They must have a notarized form and a Court Order.
10. An acceptable Germicidal Solution is:
A. 1 cup Lysol to 1 gal. water
B. 1 cup Bleach to 2 gal. water.
C. 50 to 100 dilution chlorine bleach / water
D. 1 to 100 dilution chlorine bleach / water
11. Gloves can be re-used after being dis-infected with a Germicidal solution.
12. Cleaning and preparation for of re-useable implements for Sterilization can be performed at the Tattoo or Piercing Stations so long as no Tattoos or Piercings are being performed.
13. Monitored sterilizer Spore Tests are required every
A. Once a year when re-newing the Studio License
B. Every 6 months
C. Once a month
D. Every 60 days
14.All diagnosed Adverse Conditions must be reported to the Texas Dept. of Health Services
A. Once a month
B. Every 30 days
C. Within 48 hours
D. Within 5 working days
15. Hand Washing Facilities are required to have:
A. Hot and cold running water, foot-operated faucets, single-use towels, and a covered refuse container
B. Hot and cold running water, soap dispenser, towels, and a refuse container
C. Hot and cold running water, liquid anti-bacterial soap, and single-use towels
D. Hot and cold running water, liquid anti-bacterial soap, single-use hand towels, and a covered refuse container
16. The Dry-Clave operates at ___________ after reaching temperature and pressure.
A. 121 degrees Celsius at atmospheric pressure for 2 hours
B. 160 degrees Celsius @ 5 lbs. / sq. in. for 1 hour
C. 160 degrees Celsius @ atmospheric for 1 hour
D. 250 degrees Celsius @ 10 lbs. / sq. in. for 30 minutes
17. The auto-Clave operates at ____________ after reaching proper temperature and pressure.
A. 161 degrees Fahrenheit @ 20 lbs. / sq. in.
B. 121 Celsius @ 15 lbs. / sq. in. for 30 minutes
C. 212 degrees Fahrenheit @ 10 lbs. / sq. in for 30 minutes
D. 151 degrees Celsius @ 15 lbs. / sq. in. for 60 minutes
18. Sterilization Records must be kept in the Studio for _________ from date of last entry.
A. 6 months
B. 1 year
C. 2 years
D. 5 years
19. Client records must be kept in the Studio for ________ from the date of last entry.
A. 6 months
B. 5 years
C. 2 years
D. 12 months
20. Gloves will be changed:
Whenever the Tattoo, or Piercing session is interrupted
Whenever the gloves become torn, or perforated
C. All of the above
D. None of the above
21. Contaminated Sharps are disposed of:
A. With the rest of the contaminated waste in a sealed plastic trash bag marked with a Bio-Hazard Symbol.
B. Sealed in a leak-proof container filled with Tri-Closan, and then buried according to Local Zoning Ordinances
C. Placed in an approved Sharps Container marked with the Bio-Hazard symbol, when full, fill with plaster, and then dispose at a landfill according to Local Zoning Ordinances
D. Placed in a Sharps Container marked with the Bio-Hazard symbol, then sent to the Texas dept. of Health services for disposal
22. Spore Sample results must be kept for
A. 1 year
B. 2 years
C. 5 years
D. 12 months
23. Instruments sterilized in the Dry-Clave are sealed in
A. Dry-Heat Nyclave tubing
B. Self-sealing Auto-Clave bags
C. Zip-lock glassine bags
D. Foam lined, puncture-resistant plastic container
24. The minimum lighting in the tattoo and Piercing areas is:
A. 250 Lumens
B. 150 Lumens
C. 50 Watt bulb
D. 50 ft./candles
25. Which of the following is not a valid I.D.?
A. Birth Certificate
B. Department of Corrections I.D.
C. Military I.D.
D. Driver’s License
26. An Antiseptic is:
A. Alconox, or other EPA certified equivalent
B. An agent that kills micro-organisms in the Bio-Hazard container
C. A chemical for cleaning the Tattoo and Piercing stations
D. An agent that kills disease causing organisms on human skin
27. All Tattoo clients must be advised verbally, and in writing of the following:
A. It’s going to hurt, to keep it out of the sun, salt or chlorinated water, and to be still during the procedure
B. The permanence of the procedure, the possibility of discomfort, the risk of infection, the possibility of allergic reactions, and proper after-care instructions
C. The permanence of the procedure, and the probability of AIDS, or Hep-C If the tattoo is picked, or scratched
D. The risk of pain, possible parental disapproval, possible inability to obtain employment, and proper after-care instructions
28. Piercing clients must be advised verbally, and in writing of the following:
A. Possibility of pain, scarring, bleeding, swelling, infection, the possibility of nerve damage, increased risk for adolescents, allergic reactions, and proper after-care instructions
B. That it will hurt, the risk of infection, the possibility of allergic reactions, and proper after-care instructions
C. The possibility of discomfort, the permanence of the procedure, the risk of infection, possibility of allergic reactions, and proper after-care instructions
D. The possibility of bleeding, scarring, pain or discomfort, allergic reactions, increased risk for adolescents, and proper aftercare instructions
29. An Artist diagnosed with a communicable disease shall__________ before returning to work:
A. See a health care practitioner, and have proper medication
B. Be free of all symptoms for at least 36 hours
C. Present documentation from a health care practitioner that the Artist has been free of symptoms for at least 5 days
D. Present documentation from a health care provider that the artist’s condition no longer poses a threat to the public health
30. Tattoo Pigments, and Piercing Jewelry are Cosmetics.
31. It is permissible to pierce the traegus with an ear-piercing gun.
32. Tattoo Tubes and Grips may be sterilized in the Auto-Clave.
33. We use ______________ to disinfect all working surfaces.
D. Tincture of Green
34. Shaving with “straight razors” is permissible if the razor has been soaked in Benzal, and sprayed with Madacide.
35. Artists may live in a separate area of the studio as long as the connecting door remains locked during business hours.
36. Copies of the Operators manuals for all Sterilizers, and Ultra-Sonic cleaners will be read, and understood by all studio personal, but do not have to be physically present in the studio.
37. Studio managers, and the senior tattooist, and senior Piercer are responsible for compliance with the regulations set forth in Title 25 TDHS 221.401 – 412, and all subsequent revisions.
38. All artists, and personnel are responsible for compliance with the regulations set forth in Title 25 TDHS 221.401 – 412, and all subsequent revisions.
All information must be filled out enitrely.